Amanda Basham

I’m a professional runner, endurance coach and personal trainer living in Logan, UT. I’ve been a runner since high school but started running trails and ultras a few years ago. I was living in Portland, OR at the time so I had Forest Park in my backyard. I was instantly hooked and started running longer and longer.

I graduated from Oregon State University with a BS in Exercise Science. I always knew I wanted to be in health and fitness in some way. I now work as a Trainer for iFit and own my own coaching business.

I’ve had an awesome ride, but it’s far from over. I’ve learned a lot and met the best people I know through running. It’s become much more than a hobby. It’s a way of life.

When I’m not training or competing, I love to: Play with my Pomeranians, Jackson & Charles, hang out with friends & family, and travel.

Something that very few people know about me is: I love trucks & country music. Although that’s not much of a secret any more…

A good title for my autobiography would be:  Relentless

My favorite moment or achievement to date is:   My best performance was Western States, but my favorite race so far was 2016 TransRockies. It’s like adult summer camp.

The toughest moment I’ve ever experienced in a race is:   Western States the last 10 miles. Zach Miller was pacing me and told me I could get top 5.  All I wanted to do was lay down and cry but he made me sprint instead.

I live in Logan, UT  because: I have a rad job in a beautiful mountain town.

One thing I hope to achieve this year is:  A top 5 finish at Western States again and to get out of my comfort zone. I’m more of a runner than a gnarly mountain course girl so I’m doing a few more things in that realm.

The event on my bucket list is:   UTMB & Transvulcania. I’ll be doing UTMB this year and hoping for Transvulcania next year.

My pre-race superstition is:   I really don’t have one. I just try to sleep a ton and eat all the things!

NATHAN helps me run stronger and run longer by:  Providing the best gear and support I need to do my best. I have a hard time with comfortable packs and the NATHAN packs are by far the most comfortable. The team also listens and incorporates feedback so the product continues to get even better.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *