Caroline Boller

Caroline competes in distances from the marathon to 100 miles. She ran the fastest women’s 50-mile trail time ever recorded by a North American resident at the Brazos Bend 50 miler in December, 2016, setting the overall course record in the process (in a time of 5:48). Caroline was the 2016 USATF 50k National Road Champion and Masters American Record holder (40-44) (3:22) and ran for Team USA at the 50k Road World Championships.

Caroline participated in the 2016 US Olympic Marathon Trials, was 6th American at the 2016 Houston Marathon (2:44), and won the 2015 Santa Rosa Marathon. On the trail, Caroline holds numerous course records from 50k to 100k and was the 2015 Montrail Ultra Cup Champion.

A resident of California, Caroline is a relative newcomer to running, training consistently since 2012. She is a wine industry attorney, a wife and mother of two young boys.

When I’m not training or competing, I love to:  spend time with my family, as a wife and month of two young boys.

Something that very few people know about me is: I’m a dual US and UK citizen, grew up in England, and only became a US citizen in 2015.

A good title for my autobiography would be:   It’s Never Too Late

My favorite moment or achievement to date is: Setting the fastest women’s 50 mile trail time on record by a North American resident, on my 42nd Birthday.

The toughest moment I’ve ever experienced in a race is:  Going into 2015 TNF 50 Mile Championships in SF in some of the best trail shape of my life, falling on a step at mile 30, and knocking several teeth out.

I live in Solvang, California  because: my husband and I both work in the wine industry. It also happens to be a beautiful place to run.

One thing I hope to achieve this year is: to set a fast 100k time and qualify for the 100k World Championship team.

The event on my bucket list is: Comrades in South Africa

My pre-race superstition is: I wear a star clip in my hair that was my mothers. She passed away in early 2016.

Nathan helps me run stronger and run longer by: keeping everything I need close at hand and comfortable to run with

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *