• 2x Olympic Marathon Trials Qualifier
  • Marathon PR - 2:32:55
  • Top 10 Western States 100 Mile
  • 2nd Fastest American Road 50k - 3:15:00
  • 2nd fastet time at JFK, fastest American time
  • 1 win at JFK
  • CR at Moab's Red Hot 55k
  • previous CR at Lake Sonoma 50M

Emily Harrison ran for the cross country and track teams at the University of Virginia. After graduation she joined adidas-McMillanElite and trained under Coach Greg McMillan. Under Greg’s guidance, Emily qualified at the 2011 Twin Cities Marathon (2:32:55), and competed in the 2012 Olympic Marathon Trials. In 2012, with the guidance of Coach Ian Torrence, Emily entered her first ultramarathon and placed second in the prestigious JFK 50 Mile (6:17). She followed that up with a course record at Moab’s Red Hot 55K (4:24). Emily was selected to the 2013 and 2014 100k World Teams and placed 7th female (26th overall) at the 2013 Western States 100 Mile Endurance Run. She is also the 2014 50k World Champion and holds the 2nd fastest 50k road time for North America (3:15). In addition to representing Nathan Sports, she is also currently running for the Nike Trail Team and for Team Run Flagstaff PRO. She lives in Flagstaff, AZ and fills her time as an assistant ultramarathon coach at McMillan Running Company. When not running with Super Bee, her border collie, she likes to take her for hikes on the many trails in Flagstaff.

When I’m not training or competing, I love to: Read and take my border collie, Super Bee, for hikes

Something that very few people know about me is: I have competed with my dogs (confirmation, agility, etc) since I was little.

A good title for my autobiography would be: Patience and Determination in Distance Running

What first inspired you to push your potential? My desire to see if I could keep improving

My favorite athletic moment or achievement to date is: My 6th place at NCAA Cross Country Championships

The worst moment I’ve ever experienced in a race is: Entering into a race injured or unfit and knowing I'm not racing to my potential

One thing I hope to achieve this year is: To experience new challenges and have a positive experience doing so

Bucket list: Ice Age 50 Mile and Vermont 100

My pre-race superstition is: I don't really have one, but I usually have a routine that tends to evolve and change. I try to be adaptable to the circumstances.

Nathan helps me run stronger and run longer by: Making carrying my nutrition sources comfortable and lightweight.

Please wait... Please wait...