Jason Wolfe

My running journey started in 1980 at the age of 4yrs old when I competed in my first 5k road race.  At 9 years old, I started competing at Track & Cross Country national championship events across the country..  When I was 13, I set the Oklahoma 5k age category road race state record.  As I progressed through my career, I ended up winning an Oklahoma 5A State Title in both the 1600m & 3200m as a Senior in High School.  I then competed as a middle distance runner at Northern Arizona University.

Upon graduation, I took a 7 year break from competitive running to focus on building a family and a career.  I am always looking to expand my horizons by trying to new and different things, so before long, I found myself venturing into the Trail & Ultra Running world.  I have fallen in love with this amazing sport and hope to continue to test my limits as long as my legs will carry me.

When I’m not training or competing, I love to: Spend time with my 4 kids and VERY supportive wife.  We are continuously balancing work & school with sports, music, & outdoor adventures

Something that very few people know about me is: That I ran my first 5k race at the age of 4.

A good title for my autobiography would be:  Balancing My Way to Happiness

The worst moment I’ve ever experienced in a race is: At the 2012 TNF 50mile Championships, I felt like I was in the midst of having the race of my life.  After feeling great for 33miles and racing just off the lead I abruptly learned that our group had ran off-route and that I would be DQ’d.  I still finished the race after running a “penalty” lap, but I was pretty heart-broken.

One thing I hope to achieve this year is: to traverse the Little Colorado River Gorge… if humanly possible.

The event on my bucket list is: Leadville 100

My pre-race superstition is: Putting on my race singlet & race shoes minutes before the race starts.

Nathan helps me run stronger and run longer by: making products that do what they say they will do and that I can trust

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *