Katalin Nagy

Hometown: Sarasota, FL
Go-to-gear: FIREBALL
  • 2016 Spartathlon, 1st Female
  • 2015 World Champion Female, 1st place, 151.9 miles, only meters short of the America Record
  • 2015 Spartathlon,1st Female, 4th overall, female course record
  • 2015 Burning River 100-mile Endurance Run, 1st place
  • 2015 Desert Solstice 24-Hour Run, 1st female, 3rd overall

Born in Hungary with a dual citizenship in the US, Katalin Nagy, takes ultra running to a level that few can comprehend. At the 2015 24 Hour Run World Championships in Italy, Katalin covered an amazing 151.9 miles in a 24 hour period and in the process brought home the individual World Championship and team Gold Medal to Team USA. She placed as 1st female, 4th overall, in 2015 at Greece's Spartathalon (153 miles, from Athens to Sparta) while setting a new course record. In 2016, Katalin won Spartathlon again in an unprecedented repeat victory.  In addition, she has won or placed on the podium at multiple 100 mile races, including wins at the 2014 Desert Solstice 100 and the 2015 Burning River 100. With her strength, determination and mental toughness, there’s no telling what incredible distance running feats lay ahead for Kati, but we can’t wait to see!

In their own words: When I’m not training or competing, I love to: I like to be outdoors as much I can and hang out with my friends. Besides work and training I don't have much time for anything else.

Something that very few people know about me is: I love chocolate and old black and white films.

A good title for my autobiography would be: "When the body suffers the soul is blooming"

What first inspired you to push your potential? I’m always looking for a challenge in whatever I'm doing in life.

My favorite athletic moment or achievement to date is: In the last 30 minutes of the 24 Hours World Championship race in Turin - When I realized that I could become a World Champion.

The worst moment I’ve ever experienced in a race is:  Croom Zoom - 50km - 2012 - When I thought that I got lost in the forest, I never felt so lonely.

The event on my bucket list is: Western States 100 , Badwater 135, Boston Marathon

My pre-race superstition is: I have a bracelet given to me by my best friend. I always wear that on race day.

Nathan helps me run stronger and run longer by:  I love the Nathan FireBall vest. It feels just part of your body.

Please wait... Please wait...