Megan Roche

Megan is a medical student at Stanford University specializing in sports med. She is also a running coach and ice cream aficionado.

“When I was a little girl, I was a hell-raiser who gave my parents endless grief. One day after I had literally run away from school, my dad had an idea. ‘Run around the house, I’ll time you,’ he said. I got back and asked to do it again. A dozen loops later, I took my first nap in a month, and I never stopped running loops after that.”

When I’m not training or competing, I love to:  Talking to patients in the hospital and learning their life stories brings me endless joy. Coming home after an early morning run and a day in the hospital to get to play with David and Addie dog is my perfect day.

Something that very few people know about me is:   While I am often on the go, when things slow down, I can sleep 12 to 13 hours a day.

A good title for my autobiography would be:  Chicked!

My favorite moment or achievement to date is:  Getting married on top of a mountain in Colorado

The toughest moment I’ve ever experienced in a race is:  At the World Championships in 2015, I unknowingly raced through the beginning of a mono infection. It was a tough day, but I finished, and learned a lot of lessons about myself and life

I live in Sunnyvale, CA because: There is a big mountain out our back door!

One thing I hope to achieve this year is:  Say hi to 1000 strangers on the local trails

The event on my bucket list is:  Lake Sonoma 50 Mile

My pre-race superstition is:  Dancing to pop music in the car

Nathan helps me run stronger and run longer by:  Hydration and lighting that never lets me down

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *