MUT (MOUNTAIN, ULTRA, TRAIL) RUNNER, MARATHONER, COACH
- 2017: Hong Kong 100k - 3rd place
- 2016: Western States Endurance Run, 11th place
- 2016: Black Canyon 100k, 1st place
- 2015: USATF National Marathon Championships at LA Marathon, 8th place, 2:20
- 2015: Boston Marathon, 2:19, 16th place
- 2014: Pikes Peak Ascent World Long Distance Mountain Challenge - 1st place
- 2014: The North Face 50-mile Championships - 1st place
- 2013: Bandera 100km USATF National Trail Championships -1st Place
- 2013: Lake Sonoma 50 Miler - 1st Place
- 2013: and 2014 Tarawera 100km, New Zealand - 2-time Champion
- 2013: 2014, 2015 Speedgoat 50km Champion, Course Record Holder
- 2012: White River 50 miler: 6:16 - 1st place, course record
- 2012: Mt. Washington Hill Climb - 1st place
- 2010: Chicago Marathon - 2:19:18, 17th place
- 2008 & 2012: Two- Time US Olympic Trials Qualifier in the Marathon
I started distance running when I was 12 years old after quitting soccer. I ran cross country and track throughout high school and at the NCAA Division I level at Cornell University. I went pro in road marathon running for 2.5 years after college (2-time US Olympic Trials Qualifier) before starting mountain-ultra-trail running in 2012.
When I’m not training or competing, I love to: Make videos about running and/or food. Ride my bike. Edit videos on my computer, and be a social media addict.
Something that very few people know about me is: I can juggle and ride the unicycle.
A good title for my autobiography would be: Running Against The Wind
My favorite moment or achievement to date is: Winning the Ivy League Conference title for my college at the 10km on the track. I was never much of a track runner as I liked cross country better, but I got lucky that race!
The toughest moment I’ve ever experienced in a race is: Western States 100…the puking and the dehydration crushed me. I barely finished.
I live in Colorado because: High altitude, lots of sunshine, lots of mountain trails, and great beer!
One thing I hope to achieve over the next year is: 1.Stay Healthy 2. Improve 3. Try to win UTMB
The events on my bucket list are: Two Oceans, Hardrock, Leadville, The Kepler Challenge…the list goes on!