ULTRARUNNER, 2015 CCC CHAMPION, 2015 & 2016 TNF 50 MILE CHAMPION
- 2016 North Face Endurance Challenge 50, 1st place
- 2016 Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc 166k, 6th place
- 2016 Madeira Island Ultra Trail 115k, 1st place
- 2015 North Face Endurance Challenge 50, 1st place
- 2015 Transvulcania 77k, 5th place
- 2014 Lake Sonoma 50, 1st place
- 2013 JFK 50, 1st place, breakout performance
Kenyan born. Lancaster County raised. Colorado trained. Now I live on a mountain, split firewood, eat food, and run
When I’m not training or competing, I love to: Split firewood and eat food
Something that very few people know about me is: When I was in the 8th grade I would study my Earth Science notes in the shower.
A good title for my autobiography would be: Snacks and Mountains
My favorite moment or achievement to date is: Winning the 2015 CCC 101k
The toughest moment I’ve ever experienced in a race is: Grinding out the last 25 miles at Madeira Island Ultra Trail (MIUT). It hurt like crazy!
I live in Colorado because: It's a great place for trail running/altitude training and I love the mountains.
One thing I hope to achieve over the next year is: Get better at race nutrition
Press and Media: